Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Wedding in Portland, Oregon

We got married in the Portland, Oregon LDS temple. April 29, 2011. I really wanted to get married the same day as my friend Prince William. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was the only weekend that worked.......

The marriage ceremony was beautiful where we promised to be true to love and be with each other forever. I was/am so happy. I never thought I would cry at my wedding, but I was so unbelievably happy I had to try super hard not to just start bawling. Alan got teary eyed as well. It was so wonderful to be there with him and I knew that it was one of the best choices I have ever made. I knew that things would get tough sometimes, but Alan would be my partner through it all. I love him and he loves me. the end.





Above is the Portland LDS temple. It is my favorite temple. I always wanted to get married here. When I was 10 years old after I had a soccer game in Portland, my dad took me to see the Portland temple. I was still in my soccer uniform. We had just gotten me my first real CTR ring. It was silver with a royal blue that matched my soccer uniform. We walked around the grounds. I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever been. It looked just like a palace. Then we went to the front doors and I pressed my face to the glass. I asked my dad if we could go in, but he said we were not dressed appropriately. I turned my face back into the glass. A temple worker noticed me and motioned for us to come inside. (Members and non members are allowed to go into the waiting room area and into the atrium.) Anyways, were were able to go inside. I sat in the atrium and I promised God that someday I would come back and get married in this temple....so that is why I made everyone drive down from Seattle to go to this temple. It was because of a promise I made as a little girl. I am so sentimental.

Walking out of the temple together




My niece Sadie was the first to greet us








My dress is custom made by Shawna Schauer. She is a seamstress in Orem, Utah who specializes in vintage laces. She was amazing! She was mindful of my budget and what I wanted. I was able to design the dress and veil I wanted. She helped me make it a realization. She was wonderful. Yes this is an advertisement. She met with me once a week working with my schedule. She had the dress done in an extremely timely manner. Seriously, if you are looking for a more vintage feel on your dress, or any feel she can make it happen for you. Notice my sleeves are longer...well I can still raise my arms in it! So there you go....Amazing!


Justin and Julie Shriber...they were awesome and came to the wedding ceremony.



Greg and Katelyn Shriber and their son Owen...also came for the ceremony.


Alan's sister Wendy and her husband Brandon Shriber


My friends Leland Rowley and Charla Finnigan...they are engaged.


Shriber family, in the middle is Paul and Lonnie (the parents) and their other son Matt Shriber who is freaking awesome and also came.


Alan's parents, Ryan and Sue Lee



Brandon, Wendy, Alan's parents and his sister Marlena.


Brandon, Wendy, and their daughter Claire


All of the Shribers wives included.


Groomsmen, Panda (Marcus Howell, Alan's old roomie), Jason (one of Alan's best friends from high school. Then Charla and Marlena as bridesmaids. My other Bridesmaids Elisa and Sydney could not make it until saturday. Elisa is in med school and was busy cutting off someone's toe that day. My maid of honor Sydney is in the Peace Corps in Botswana and was only at these events in spirit. But she is freaking awesome and knows that I love her! Her mom Cheri Lambson and sister-in-law Liz were able to come and that was wonderful! I felt so loved!


Groomsmen

Bridesmaids, minus, Elisa and Sydney


Alan's mom and niece Claire


My nieces and nephews. Sadie (Rob and Lindsey's), Matt, Thea and Wyatt (Ben and Lindsy's). They had difficulty smiling in pictures...they were pretty much all pictured out by this point...so not even jelly beans or M&Ms worked to bribe.





....needless to say.....they struggled. But they took some cute pictures regardless.

My family including my grandma and andrew and duncan...and what not.

This is Ben and Lindsy's family


Detail on my dress and bouquet. The bouquet was made for me by Rachel Berry. A friend from La Grande. She is an incredibly gifted craft maker...I sent her a picture of what I want and lo and behold she delivered ten fold!!! Thank you Rachel!!!


This is a picture my mother wanted. It includes my brothers and Alan all trying to kiss me. This is reminiscent of Rob's wedding....But I was feeling a bit awkward as evident by this picture.


Poor Zac (rob and lindsey's son) was super sick. They took him to a hospital in Portland and they ended up staying over night. They missed the rest of the wedding. Zac had pneumonia. But he is better now. They were able to get things sorted out and they eventually got back home.

Rob and Lindsey with their children Zac and Sadie

Me and Sadie....I was there when she was born...well not in the room. She had a flower too! So cute!



My parents. This was the second take, we made them take off their glasses, because they are those ones that get darker in the son and it looked like they were trying to be mafia members or something.

My dad Bruce


My mom Karen. Thank you guys for coming!

By brother Daniel and his soon to be wife Heidi. It was good to spend some more time with them.


My mom wanted these pictures too...you get the idea of what is going on.





Again everyone was pretty worried about Zac. I am glad they were at least able to make it to the wedding in Portland. I am also glad Zac is ok now.


The rest of the pictures of just ones of Alan and I. I hope you like them!




We were being a bit goofy...by we I mean me.











The End.

3 comments:

  1. Girl! These pictures are all so beautiful and I am SO happy for you!! I'm glad I found your blog. I plan to stalk it (hope that's okay). Ahh! I just keep looking through all these pictures. Your dress is gorgeous and so you. PS, your wedding invites were classy and we were sad we couldn't come. But we are both so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how beautiful your dress is. I wish I'd known this seamstress when i got married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great, congratulations! (on the wedding, not on looking great)... Does the woman who made your dress have a website or blog, (or just an email address)? I'd love to contact her

    ReplyDelete